Monday, July 6, 2009

open sesame

[this piece falls under the week 9 prompt]

mother always told me never to trust strangers.
like I ever listened to her about anything.
nothing like a little exploration.

I just think she never learned to open up.
she never realized that meeting others
required opening doors without
expecting something inparticular
on the other side.

some fearless mother bear she was.
always bitching about the differences
between her and the people I brought
home for her to meet.

no matter who came walking through
our house door, she could sense the
details about humanity she would
dislike.

I'm sick of making excuses for her &
that damn conservative background.

she is just affraid.

affraid to meet someone different,
who has a personality of gold.

affraid to open the door,
and find some place beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment